Exercise #1: First Steps
1.) I’ve already started preparing for GRE 4 weeks ago. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday is my days to study at minimum 2 to 3 hours a day.
2.) Crisis Counseling/In-Touch Paraprofessional Training Program. Filled out an application & went on interview. (See Outcome Below Under the Process)
3.) Liberal Arts and Sciences Undergraduate Research Initiative. Filled out an application & went on interview.(See Outcome Below Under the Process)
Exercise #2: Business Meeting
I spoke with my buddy about my desire to receive my Ph.D/Psy.D in Clinical Psychology. When applying to Grad School I was very naive concerning the process. Yes, I knew that you had to take a placement exam and I also knew that you would have to submit your official transcripts. My plan was to enter grad school in the fall of 2010, seeing that I will be graduating in the Fall of 2009. In the process of doing research on Schools that offer a Ph.D or Psy.D in Clinical Psychology, I found out that:
1.) Applications due in December of 2009 for the Fall 2010 semester.
2.) Prepare for GRE yesterday in order to take exam in September or October.
3.) Schools require research experience as well as hands on
experience. This is just as important as your GRE and GPA score.
4.) Gather reference/recommendation letters (3)
The question that was presented to me “is this what your really want to do” and “do you believe that this is your purpose in life?” My response I don’t know about my purpose in life but I do know that this is a desire that gives me peace, joy, and since of contentment. Her desire is to finish up on her Bachelor’s Degree. She is currently working as Respiratory Therapist. Because her scheduled changes from week to week we decided to meet on Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday for about an hour to see where we are and where we’re going in our pursuit of success. The phone lines are open 24 hours day for encouragements, breakthroughs and hard times.
.
Exercise #3: Sunday Meeting
My Sunday night was a night of inventory to see what I did through-out last week and the plans for the upcoming week. I went to three interviews and one of them I know I did poorly but the other two I truly rocked. Now it’s a matter of waiting but I’m still looking for other opportunities in case the research and hands on experience do not come through. At times I felt excited, nervous, worried, and a bit discourage about the whole process of applying to Grad school. Why, there are criteria’s that I’m currently lacking at this present moment but hopefully things will work out for the Good. If I’m not able to meet the deadlines then I will apply in the Fall of 2010.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats.:)
ReplyDelete