Monday, January 26, 2009

ASSIGNMENT #2: WHAT DO YOU LOVE?

Interview your primary caregivers when you were a child (parents, grandparents, aunt/uncle, whoever) by asking them the following questions:

1. What was I like in the first 5 years of my life?

2. What things did I love, what games did I like to play, what did you think was unique about me?

3. What did you think I would become when I grew up?

My Mom answered each queation as follow: Loved music. 4 months old had one song that you loved. Antime you would cry or was upset, all I had to do was sing. You would smile and try to dance. 2 years old you could play my record player. You would go to the record player and play the records that you liked. I don't know how you could pick the right one but you always did.

You like to play with other kids. You loved playing outside and with play cars.

You had an understanding of life and responsibility. I brought you a birthday cake once. you went with me to pick it up. You said it cost to much when I grow up I am not having kids. I want all my money to stay in my pocket or spent on me.

Wanted to go to school before time. Loved music and school.

I knew you could be whatever you wanted to be. Once your mind was made up.

Interview FIVE of your friends by asking the following question:

1. What do you think are my greatest gifts/strengths?

Friend 1
Analytical
Persuasive Talker
Great Debater

Friend 2
Empathy
Focused
Discipline

Friend 3
Responsible
Good Speaker
Analytical

Friend 4
Quick Learner
Well Organized
Adaptab

Friend 5
People Person
Self-Assurance
Includer


Step #5: DO one of the things you love from our in-class activity. Once you have done the thing, blog about what it was you did and how you experienced it.

I love music. I listen to music all week in the house and my car with the music full blast, sun up sun down. I felt alive and at peace.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam....from knowing you for such a short amount of time, I would have to say you are very articulate! You can express yourself w/ esoteric diction and clarity! I enjoy being in your group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sam, I wish I could have had that money management mind set early on...incredible and interesting :)...see ya in class...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY SAM
    what your mom said sounds like you..:)
    you know what you want and you get it. I loved the part that your mom bought you a cake, but it was too expensive. Thus, you didn't want kids because you wanted to spend money on yourself. I Loved it...lol.....I agree kids are too expensive..jk..

    ReplyDelete